My Login Vault allows you to add an unlimited amount of logins to the database. You are only limited by the size of the drive. In our tests this limit was around the quarter of a million mark. You can add logins one after the other as the screen is cleared after each login is added.
Adding a login to My Login Vault is relatively simple and can be done by following the instructions below.
How to add logins
- Open My Login Vault and enter your password to login to the software
- From the top menu select the Add New option and then select Add New Login. A new window where you can add logins will open in the center of the screen (see below)
- Name: This is the name of the login and will be displayed on the main page.
- URL: This is website address of the login
- Username: The username you use to login to this account
- Password: The password you use to login to this account
- Generate random password: This will generate a random password for you if this is a new account.
- Category: Give the login a category. If no category is selected it will default to the “No Category” category when saved
- Show on main screen: Checking this box means you want it to be shown on the main screen when no filters are selected. This is used to show your most used or favourite logins
- Notes: You can add notes to your login which are secured (encrypted) in the database
Once you have entered all your details into the screen click add. The screen will then clear ready for you to add the next login. If you ticked the “show on main screen option” you may see the screen behind flash as your new login is added.
Add Login Notes
Name is the only field that is a required field. All other fields are optional.